2013 ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ nominee, experienced martial artist and firearms enthusiast, Samuel Brooks started Brooks Defense Consultations out of a need that he saw in his local area for self-protection instruction and crisis management that resulted from issues such as the COVID-19 pandemic and riots. With a passion for service and education, Brooks founded BDC in order to best serve his community that’s holistic, practical and cost-effective in order to instill a mentality of hoping for the best yet planning for the worst.
In his spare time, Brooks enjoys spending time with friends and family, being outdoors, traveling, watching UFC and the rodeo, fitness, researching various historical, theological and political topics, as well as, self-defense and its legalities.
- Bachelor of Business Marketing (Cornerstone University).
- Project leader for Enactus (2016 – 2018).
- Over a decade of firearms experience that began with learning firearm safety at a young age.
- Range Safety Officer (USCCA).
- Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals Instructor (USCCA).
- Emergency First Aid Fundamentals Instructor (USCCA).
- Countering the Mass Shooter Threat Instructor (USCCA).
- Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals Instructor (USCCA).
- Real Estate Agent Safety and Self-Defense Instructor (USCCA).
- LaserTRAIN Instructor (USCCA).
- Range Development and Operations (NRA).
- Former armed guard for an international private protection and security contractor.
- Security team member at a church in the Lansing, MI area.
- Sales associate and range safety officer/instructor at Total Firearms in Mason, MI.
- Member of NSSF and Gun Owners of America.
- Emergency Preparedness Fundamentals (USCCA).
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certified (E.S.H. Inc & Red Cross).
- Over 8 years in martial arts, including 2 years as an instructor trainee. Have been ranked 2nd and 3rd in Michigan for tournament division with ATA International.
- Studied Songham Taekwondo under Master Elijio “Alex” Martinez (studied under Grand Master Robert Allemier).
- Training Session with Grand Master Robert Allemier (studied under Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee who also trained Chuck Norris).
- Training session with Master John Faett.
- Training session with Chief Master Von Schmeling.
- Training session with Master D.S. Shinn (World Taekwondo Federation).
- Studied Aikido under Rich Feight and the supervision of Sinsei Rob Van Oeveren.
- Studied Shinsei Wado-Ryu Karate-Do under Kirk Steward (founder of Warriors for Christ Karate-Do Federation).